Job role insights
January 17, 2024
March 17, 2024
2 - 5 Years
Boardrm are recruiting on behalf of UKAS accredited, independent organisation offering analytical and consultancy services covering most environmental issues. With their head office based in Hampshire and branches in Yate, near Bristol which is where the branch manager role is available.
The Responsibilities of the Western Branch Manager
The role would be to take control of the western office and manage the day to day running with support as and when required from the main office. To improve organization and the market position and achieve financial growth.
The Managers role would work in a senior position within the company. It is their job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales and operational opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization. To achieve this, they need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
A non-exhaustive list of responsibilities are as below:-
- Directing all operational aspects including organising staff work activities,
- Handling all personnel issues
- Developing and maintaining sales plan for the branch
- Developing and implementing sales/marketing plans
- Developing and managing vendor and customer relations
- Managing and implementation of the sales strategies and tactics
- Recruiting, hiring and training sales employees
- Developing and motivating branch employee performance
- Communicate and reinforce the corporate vision at the branch level
- Developing new and existing business to its full potential by spending time establishing customer contact, focussing on sales development, and delivering customer and contract satisfaction
- Carry out duties as defined by immediate supervisor within the capabilities of the job holder
- Submit monthly progress reports to group director and ensure data is accurate.
Qualifications for Branch Manager
- 5 years experience in supervisory/management capacity with field experience.
- Must have asbestos experience*
- Having an BOHS/P403 certificate would be desirable*
- Must be willing to participate in traditional business develop activities.
- P401-405 and or S301 advantageous.
- A strong technical background in predominantly asbestos but also soils, waters, microbiology and occupational analysis.
- Driving license
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, non-verbal, written)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group managers, staff, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret reports inc air testing, surveying reports
- Salary £50k
- company van or car
- Phone, laptop
Location: Beeches Industrial Estate, Bristol (BS37), BS37 5NH
Interested in this job?
17 days left to apply