Job role insights
January 17, 2024
March 17, 2024
We are now recruiting for an experienced Heavy Goods Vehicle Maintenance Workshop Labourer to be based at our onsite purpose-built, state of the art HGV Vehicle Maintenance Unit/Workshop in Amesbury Wiltshire.
We are proud to be one of the UK's most successful, fastest growing, and largest privately-owned companies, and we recognise that to remain successful we need to continue investing in technology to drive us forward.
Our existing sites in Liverpool and Amesbury will soon be added to by a third in St. Helens. Construction is well under way, creating promotional opportunities for our existing teams and making this the perfect time to join and be part of our expansion journey.
The unit is Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency equipped and operates a Tachograph bay with six fully equipped working bays which enables the maintenance and servicing of our modern fleet of vehicles and trailers.
• Pressure wash vehicles
• Collect and deliver vehicles to and from Transport Department
• Present vehicles through annual test
• General cleaning duties in the workshop
• Collect parts and other associated driving duties
• Assist VMU Technicians
• Contribute to the achievement of KPIs
• Ensure adherence to health, safety, and security
• Work in conjunction with other key operational teams to ensure a smooth operation
Minimum Criteria To Apply
• C+E LGV driving licence, tachograph card and DCPC
• Good knowledge and understanding of the Working Time Directive and Tachograph regulations
• Proactive, flexible, and adaptable
• Open-minded and willing to take on new challenges
• Tenacious, hardworking, and reliable • Able to demonstrate excellent commercial awareness
• Able to work well under pressure and to tight and often conflicting timeframes
• An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
• A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem-solving skills and a real 'can do' attitude
• Experience of working within a busy transport department, preferably with workshop experience
• Experience of working in a high volume, fast paced business is essential
About The Company
TJ Morris Limited trading as Home Bargains is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street. Having started 45 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 580 stores we have over 5 million customers each week. With growth plans to double in size to 1,000 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year (nearly one every weekend) - and we wouldn't have it any other way!
• £31,175.27 per annum
• 06:00 - 18:00 hrs
• 4 on 4 off shift pattern, working an average 39 hours per week
• 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years' service
• Contributable Company pension scheme • Subsidised canteen
• Access to social and sporting events
• 10% store discount
Employee benefits MyHB employee benefits platform with access to:
• Retail and leisure discounts plus hundreds more
• Free Financial Advice
• Bank your savings into an ISA
• 24/7 confidential counselling and advice line
• Low-cost voluntary insured health plans
Interested in this job?
24 days left to apply