Job role insights
January 16, 2024
January 16, 2024
Following the creation of a new and exciting role at our Amesbury Regional Distribution Centre, we now have a great opportunity for experienced Warehouse Section Managers to come and join our team. We are proud to be one of the UK’s most successful, fastest growing and largest privately-owned companies, and we recognise that to remain successful we need to continue investing in technology to drive us forward.
Our distribution centres are some of the most technologically advanced in Europe, and we are looking for high calibre individuals to manage and lead the operations to support our sales in an expanding network.
Our existing sites in Liverpool and Amesbury will soon be added to by a third in St. Helens. Construction is well under way, creating promotional opportunities for our existing teams and making this the perfect time to join and be part of our expansion journey. As a Section Manager you will report to a Shift Manager and spend most of your time on the DC floor alongside your team of Operatives. You will lead and coach your team to ensure that KPI’s and standards are met on each shift.
Working closely with other Section Managers you will make sure resources are aligned and a smooth-running operation is achieved. We are looking for proactive individuals who can identify and resolve problems swiftly and act to continually improve team performance.
- Lead and manage a warehouse team from the DC floor to ensure you maximise performance and achieve shift KPIs and standards
- Set and communicate your team’s objectives during daily performance briefings, highlighting areas of focus.
- Hold monthly 1-2-1s with each of your team members to review their performance levels, development needs and support in development activities.
- Recruit, onboard and induct new team members and ensure their induction and H&S training is 100% complete.
- Ensure your team are 100% compliant with our H&S, warehouse & cleaning procedures, processes and quality standards.
Minimum Criteria to Apply
- Experience of working in a fast-moving warehouse and distribution environment
- Experience of managing a large team of warehouse operatives to achieve accurate high daily targets.
- Experience of supporting the delivery business improvement initiatives.
- Experience of managing warehousing regulatory H&S checks and procedures.
- Experience of managing industrial relations.
MyHB employee benefits platform with access to:
- Retail and leisure discounts plus hundreds more
- Free Financial Advice
- Bank your savings into an ISA
- 24/7 confidential counselling and advice line
- Low cost voluntary insured health plans
- Onsite subsidised canteen
- 10% store discount
- Access to social and sporting events
- Free car parking
Salary and operating hours:
- £36,256 pa days (£43,144.64 pa nights)
- 14:00 – 22:00 – Late Shift
Working 5 out of 7 days incl weekends on a rota basis.
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years' service.
- Contributable Company pension scheme.
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply